I did this a while ago with Spinal Tap, and decided to do it again yesterday evening with Metalocalypse. The task is simple - take five quotes from the 'random' page of quotationspage.com, and write five drabbles, each being exactly 100 words long.
There is a bit of a mixture here - general, romance, angst and silliness, with ratings ranging from U to 18 (for some adult content), with some slash (and some implied het, for that matter). I don't think there is anything particularly nasty or upsetting, though. There is perhaps one small Season 3 spoiler in the first one, but it doesn't concern any major plot point.
Patience
"Nathan," Charles said, after the third time this week that Nathan had lashed out at someone, "it's important that you keep your temper in check."
"I get frustrated," Nathan grumbled, embarrassed. He hadn't meant to hit the man, it just... happened. "I dunno how you always stay so calm."
"What do you mean?"
Nathan shrugged. "You never get angry or yell – not even at us when we're all being douches. How do you do that?"
"It's very simple, Nathan." Charles nonchalantly removed and cleaned his glasses. "I never get frustrated, because I know that in the end, I'll win. Always."
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
Margaret Thatcher
- - -
Counterpoint
"Hey, Skwisgaar." Toki saw the Swede hunched over his Explorer, grimacing. "What's up?"
"This dumb dildos is wrong! The harmonies doesn't sounds right."
Toki grabbed another guitar and sat. "What's you play?"
Skwisgaar demonstrated a flurry of ascending notes. "The bass plays this," he chugged on the lower strings, "but it needs more harmonies."
Unprompted, Toki played a counterpoint to the melody. "Like that?"
Skwisgaar nodded hesitantly. "How's you think of it?"
"I don't have the fast fingers, but I knows how music works." He shrugged. "You guys should ask me to write sometimes."
Without admitting it, Skwisgaar silently agreed.
Every pilot needs a co-pilot, and let me tell you, it is awful nice to have someone sitting there beside you, especially when you hit some bumpy air.
Eric Wald
- - -
Before The Storm
Nathan had been confused.
It was often that professional discussions with Charles turned into rough handjobs, and the pair of them rutting against the desk was a common outcome of meetings. While they weren't exactly together, it was a regular enough occurrence that the awkward silences afterwards gradually became light kisses and 'take care's – although never anything more.
So, the evening before the launch party, when Charles had led Nathan into his private rooms and made love to him by candlelight, holding him until sunrise without explanation, Nathan had been confused.
Today, standing before the coffin, he understood.
"You knew."
Flowers never emit so sweet and strong a fragrance as before a storm. When a storm approaches thee, be as fragrant as a sweet-smelling flower.
Jean Paul Richter
- - -
Unpopular
A while ago, William Murderface would have been bitter – outright jealous, even. He knew he didn't have Skwisgaar's elegant attractiveness or Pickles' charisma, but going to bed alone every night and hearing his bandmates at it with groupies through the walls was intolerable. The closest he usually got to a woman was a brief glimpse at a silicon cleavage before it was claimed by one of the others.
Relaxing in the living room now though, watching the other four shift and wince as they searched for a comfortable position, he couldn't help but smirk with smugness.
"Herpesch ointment not working?"
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
John Benfield
- - -
Out Of The Closet
"Oh, dude – I was not expecting that."
Nathan paused his recovery of Offdensen's belongings from the post-fire wreckage and looked over Pickles' shoulder, equally shocked by the item in the manager's closet. "Whoa! He kept that quiet."
"He never struck me as the type."
"He must never have used it while we were here," Nathan observed.
Pickles sighed, sadly. "He was obviously a better man than we realised."
Nathan carefully picked up the item, feeling something between intrigue and disgust. "Uh... is it inappropriate that I want to laugh?"
"Totally," Pickles nodded.
They both looked at the accordion and giggled.
A gentleman is a man who can play the accordion but doesn't.
Anonymous
- - -
(Final note - I can't believe that I compared Offdensen to Thatcher. That hurt!)
(Archived at my website)
There is a bit of a mixture here - general, romance, angst and silliness, with ratings ranging from U to 18 (for some adult content), with some slash (and some implied het, for that matter). I don't think there is anything particularly nasty or upsetting, though. There is perhaps one small Season 3 spoiler in the first one, but it doesn't concern any major plot point.
Patience
"Nathan," Charles said, after the third time this week that Nathan had lashed out at someone, "it's important that you keep your temper in check."
"I get frustrated," Nathan grumbled, embarrassed. He hadn't meant to hit the man, it just... happened. "I dunno how you always stay so calm."
"What do you mean?"
Nathan shrugged. "You never get angry or yell – not even at us when we're all being douches. How do you do that?"
"It's very simple, Nathan." Charles nonchalantly removed and cleaned his glasses. "I never get frustrated, because I know that in the end, I'll win. Always."
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
Margaret Thatcher
Counterpoint
"Hey, Skwisgaar." Toki saw the Swede hunched over his Explorer, grimacing. "What's up?"
"This dumb dildos is wrong! The harmonies doesn't sounds right."
Toki grabbed another guitar and sat. "What's you play?"
Skwisgaar demonstrated a flurry of ascending notes. "The bass plays this," he chugged on the lower strings, "but it needs more harmonies."
Unprompted, Toki played a counterpoint to the melody. "Like that?"
Skwisgaar nodded hesitantly. "How's you think of it?"
"I don't have the fast fingers, but I knows how music works." He shrugged. "You guys should ask me to write sometimes."
Without admitting it, Skwisgaar silently agreed.
Every pilot needs a co-pilot, and let me tell you, it is awful nice to have someone sitting there beside you, especially when you hit some bumpy air.
Eric Wald
Before The Storm
Nathan had been confused.
It was often that professional discussions with Charles turned into rough handjobs, and the pair of them rutting against the desk was a common outcome of meetings. While they weren't exactly together, it was a regular enough occurrence that the awkward silences afterwards gradually became light kisses and 'take care's – although never anything more.
So, the evening before the launch party, when Charles had led Nathan into his private rooms and made love to him by candlelight, holding him until sunrise without explanation, Nathan had been confused.
Today, standing before the coffin, he understood.
"You knew."
Flowers never emit so sweet and strong a fragrance as before a storm. When a storm approaches thee, be as fragrant as a sweet-smelling flower.
Jean Paul Richter
Unpopular
A while ago, William Murderface would have been bitter – outright jealous, even. He knew he didn't have Skwisgaar's elegant attractiveness or Pickles' charisma, but going to bed alone every night and hearing his bandmates at it with groupies through the walls was intolerable. The closest he usually got to a woman was a brief glimpse at a silicon cleavage before it was claimed by one of the others.
Relaxing in the living room now though, watching the other four shift and wince as they searched for a comfortable position, he couldn't help but smirk with smugness.
"Herpesch ointment not working?"
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
John Benfield
Out Of The Closet
"Oh, dude – I was not expecting that."
Nathan paused his recovery of Offdensen's belongings from the post-fire wreckage and looked over Pickles' shoulder, equally shocked by the item in the manager's closet. "Whoa! He kept that quiet."
"He never struck me as the type."
"He must never have used it while we were here," Nathan observed.
Pickles sighed, sadly. "He was obviously a better man than we realised."
Nathan carefully picked up the item, feeling something between intrigue and disgust. "Uh... is it inappropriate that I want to laugh?"
"Totally," Pickles nodded.
They both looked at the accordion and giggled.
A gentleman is a man who can play the accordion but doesn't.
Anonymous
- - -
(Final note - I can't believe that I compared Offdensen to Thatcher. That hurt!)
(Archived at my website)